Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ah, the fog of Sudafed

So last Friday I got sick, as in throat scratchy, head pounding, snot simultaneously running out my nose and clogging it sick. Thankfully it's not the flu, or H1N1 for that matter. But I felt shitty enough to take the day off from work and not get out of bed until 7 at night. Which leads me to the wonders of modern pharmacology. Man I love using science to make me feel better a couple of pills and a few hours at a time. In those moments of only being about 75% in reality, I find my mind wandering, not staying put unless I put a little extra effort into it, and half the time it doesn't listen to me anyways. So here's a list of stuff I discovered while hopped up on Sudafed:

1) American Apparel only makes men's pants to size 34 - fat hipsters need not apply.
2) Blade Runner can induce Zen-like calmness when coupled with cold medication.
3) Driving a car becomes a fun, unpredictable experiance again.
4) Math is not your friend.
5) One's ability to empathize with that homeless person asking for change is directly proportional to how much snot it feels like is inside your skull.
6) On the subject of homelessness, I'm pretty sure that crazy woman with the beard yelling at invisible monsters has the power to drag you to Hell, so be nice to her.

I'm going to bed now.

No comments: