Monday, July 13, 2009

T-minus 9 days...

So here I am, sitting at work, a place I only have to show up at nine more times in my life.

AND.IT.FEELS.AWESOME!

When I started here at Actuality, I had my eye set on working my way to becoming an associate producer in the hopes that, after a few shows as AP, I would make that leap to producer and then really wreck shop.

A year passed, and I got restless. Truth be told, I started getting restless three months in. Anywho, a year came and went, and I didn't get out of post. I didn't even get out of the dub room. I did get a raise, which was awesome. Before I could start thinking about what to do now, we were told that the company was shutting its doors and everyone was getting laid off.

So back to the present, where I only have one more Monday to drive out to Woodland Hills, turn on the monitors, and start dubbing copies of footage for the assorted masses of Actuality. I never really got upset over losing my job. This is actually the first job where I wasn't the one doing the dumping. This job has dumped me. And I'm fine with that.

Like any relationship, things change and an ending eventually comes. Now that ending is nigh and I'm ready to move on. I'll get another job. I get to go home for a three-week vacation. My life gets to change. And change is good.

Now, a completely unrelated (yet awesome!) picture:

No comments: