Thursday, July 30, 2009

Catch-up is not a fun game to play

Sorry it's been so long since my thoughts last graced your eyeballs, but I'm back with a quick update. I'm writing this sitting in my favorite chair back home in Alaska, a brown Lay-Z-Boy recliner that is as old as I am (if not older). It matches absolutely nothing in the living room and feels amazing. It has been raining off and on every day since I've repatriated myself back home (albiet temporarily), which I wouldn't mind if I didn't have this damnable urge to ride my bike everyday.

Bottom line is, I want to get out and exercise. Now that my job with the shitty hours is over, I want to live a normal schedule of getting up, working out, jetting off to work 9-6, coming home and eating dinner at dinnertime, and enjoy my evenings not running around dropping off tapes or waiting for producers to stop fucking with their show so I can go home, but going out with friends or God forbid, watching television shows when they actually air.

As you can tell, I'm still getting employment out of my system.

MOVING ON, since coming home I have been tackling my parents to-do list. I do not mind doing this at all. I actually enjoy it. It does however, have the unfortunate side effect of keeping me away from my writing, which takes some time and a few old-fashioneds to get into. Oh well. I'll find the time. To date, I have assembled Dad's new BBQ, taken donations to goodwill, drove three bikes to the shop to be fixed (two flat tires and a tune up), worked on cleaning up the house, and generally been attending what needs to be attended to.

Actually, I feel more productive these last few days than I did the last couple months at my job. Here I have variety, something my brain craves like a fucking drug. For those who don't know me that well, I can and do get bored rather easily. Most of the time it occurs in the course of work, or falling into a routine at home. Once I've figured out how to do something, if it isn't something I really enjoy doing, I get bored, and I quickly figure out a way to do it in the shortest amount of time and the least effort.

But not now. Now the world is wide open, full of possibilities again. While in Alaska, I have a varied to-do list, filled with chores and parties and meetings with friends. And that's just what I needed. Who knows what I'll do once I go back to Los Angeles, but I bet that it won't just be one thing.

Before I go, two quick things. One, in the Seattle airport I saw a rip in a hot girl's jeans on her ass that inspired me to write half a page in my novel. Two, I Mad Men'd myself. I always did want to pal around with Sterling and Draper.

No comments: